Meal Plans - NYU Campus Dining Services
Terms and Conditions
1. Contract period:Meal plan members this contract is for both fall and spring terms. Meal plans are automatically activated for spring term unless you cancel your membership prior to the change cancelation deadlines. (Freshman and residents of traditional syle buildings can not cancel plans)
2. Cancellations and refunds: Meal plans cannot be canceled, whether used or not, unless the online cancellation form (via NYUHome) is submitted by September 15, for fall 2012 and by February 9, for spring 2013, or your NYU Housing License is canceled as provided therein. If the Department of Housing cancels your meal plan, it will also cancel all meal plan charges for the period following the date the cancellation takes effect. (Residents assigned to Brittany, Goddard, Hayden, Rubin, Founders Hall or Weinstein hall are required to maintain a meal plan that includes at least 10 meals per week or a 175 Flex plan.) Changes and refunds for all meal plans (Flex plans & Dining Dollars included) are pro-rated and calculated on a per week basis each semester. No refunds will be made if you miss meals, fail to obtain a valid ID card, or do not use your meal plan.
3. Changes: You may change your meal plan by completing the online form via NYU Home by September 15, 2012, for fall 2012 and by February 9, 2013, for spring 2013. Additional charges may be added depending on the plan.
4. Serving dates: Your meal plan can be used during scheduled service times from dinner, August 26, 2012, to dinner, May 22, 2013, except during these University holidays: Thanksgiving, November 22 through lunch, November 24, 2012; winter break, December 21, 2012, through lunch, January 25, 2012; spring recess, March 17 through lunch, March 23, 2012. Serving dates and hours of operation at individual dining locations are described on the NYU Dining Services Web site and posted in the dining facilities.
5. Meal plan coverage: You are entitled to eat the number of meals per week, beginning at breakfast each Sunday, and to use the amount of Dining Dollars per semester provided by your meal plan. Meal plans are not transferable, and you may not allow anyone else to use or eat with your NYU Card.
6. Dining locations: Most meal plans may be used, as explained below, in residential restaurants and retail locations. All-you-care-to-eat dining at each meal, as provided by your meal plan, is offered at the following locations: the Kosher Eatery, Weinstein Dining, Third North Courtyard Café, Rubin and Hayden dining rooms. Retail locations at Palladium, Weinstein Food Court, Peet's Coffee and Tea in Weinstein, Starbucks at Faye’s @ the Square, Dunkin Donuts, Commons Cafe at University Hall, Argo Tea, the MarketPlace in the Kimmel Center, Quick Stop C-Store locations, and Late Night at Weinstein Food Court allow you to select any items with the Dining Dollars provided by your meal plan.
7. ID card: A valid NYUCard is required in order to use your meal plan. NYUCards and replacements, which are not transferable, may be obtained at the NYUCard Center, 383 Lafayette, (212) 443-CARD (2273). Temporary ID cards, for emergency access if your NYUCard is lost, may be obtained at the NYU Department of Public Safety, 14 Washington Place. Proof of identity is required.
8. Access to residential restaurants: Access is restricted to those entering for a meal. If you must leave during your meal, see a dining manager before exiting to arrange reentry.
9. Behavior: Behavior that is abusive or disruptive or that endangers the health, safety, or welfare of others including theft is prohibited. NYU students who engage in such behavior or who are caught stealing at any campus dining location may be subject to disciplinary action and/or termination of their meal plan contract without refund.
All-you-care-to-eat dining at each meal, as provided by your meal plan, is offered at the following locations: Weinstein Dining Hall, Third North Courtyard Cafe, Rubin Dining Hall, Hayden Dining, and the Kosher Eatery in Weinstein.
Retail locations at Weinstein Food Court, Peet's Coffee and Tea in Weinstein, Starbucks at Faye's @ the Square, Dunkin Donuts, Palladium Restaurant by Life Works, the Market Place at the Kimmel Center, and the Quick Stop C-Store locations allows you to select any items with the Dining Dollars provided by your meal plan.